Our mission at the Texas Bed & Breakfast Association is to maintain relevancy by promoting, educating, and advocating for its members and the industry. Our innkeeper’s association strives to bring the best bed and breakfast owners together by providing professional resources and promotion to members. Membership Levels:
|Membership Levels||Aspiring Membership Level
(Basic & Gold)
|Application Processing Fee||$25|
|Property Review / Board Approval||Gold Members Only|
|Gift Certificate Program||X|
|Website listing & hyperlink to your site||X|
|Gold Seal Certificates Designation||Gold Members Only|
|Texas Innkeeper’s Resource Manual||Included||1/2 off|
|Annual Fee*||$250/ $200 Renewal: on anniversary date||Based on # of rooms and subscription level.|
* Fees subject to change
ASPIRING INNKEEPER MEMBERSHIP (Individuals)
Have you been thinking of starting your own Bed and Breakfast in Texas?
Have you searched for or already purchased that “perfect” property and wondering where you go from here? Have you been in business for a while, but still need assistance with marketing or other operations?
If any of these scenarios sound familiar, then you are probably inundated with information from various sources, including other states, and THAT can be very confusing! Let us lend a hand to get you back on track! The cost for this membership is $250 and includes the Innkeeper’s Resource Manual a $150 value. The Texas Bed and Breakfast Association (TBBA) can aid you to dramatically minimize your learning curve, your timeframes, AND YOUR INVESTMENT, to guide you realize your dream of owning a SUCCESSFUL Bed and Breakfast!
Outline of what is included in the Innkeeper’s Resource Manual
- Just What is Innkeeping?
- National Definitions & Distinctions of B&B/Inns
- The Inn Guest
- Starting a Business in Texas
- B&B Start-up
- Business Loans from the SBA
- Start-Up Books, B&B/Country Inn Seminar Opportunities
- Innkeeping & Lodging Associations
- Lodging Inspection & Rating Organizations
- B&B/Country Inn Journals & Newspapers
Standards & Regulations – State & Federal
- Government Agencies & Helpful Telephone Numbers
- Texas Health & Safety Code…
- “Americans with Disabilities Act” (ADA) – Excerpts
- Sign to post Limited Liability and Room Rates in rooms
Licensing, Fees & Taxes
- Overview of Licensing Requirements, Selecting a Business Structure
- Employer Requirements, Withholding Taxes
- Summary of Texas Unemployment Compensation Act
- Preservation Tax Incentives for Historic Buildings
- Understanding Insurance
- Types of Policies and Coverages
- Life Safety Tips
- Loss Control Guide
- Self-Inspection Procedure
- Customer Incident Investigation Procedure
- Appendix of Checklists
Marketing Your Inn
- Popular Bed & Breakfast Internet Directories
- Popular Bed & Breakfast Print Guidebooks
- What Goes in a Press Kit?
- Guidelines for Direct Marketing
Products & Services – Guide to Industry Vendors
- TBAA Associate Members
- Vendor Resources
Innkeeper’s Resource Manual
Innkeeping in Texas, the Innkeeper’s Resource Manual specific to TEXAS operations, has recently been revised to include the most up-to-date information on the basics and ongoing operations of Innkeeping in Texas. When you order this invaluable resource manual, for a nominal fee of $175.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP (Property)
A Professional Membership Application must be submitted to the TBBA Office, once received a Property Review will be scheduled. After completion of the review, your property will be voted on by the Board of Directors. Once approved you will receive a new member packet and a prorated invoice. Once dues are received the following Members Benefits will apply.
Based on # rooms:
1-4 = $249
5-11 = $299
12 = $349
Members Benefits are: (all the benefits of the Educational level plus the following)
- Being included on the high traffic internet website that receives thousands of top-quality hits each month. Plus each property has a free hyperlink to its own home page through the Reciprocal Link Program.
- Those who belong to Texas Hotel and Lodging Association receive discount off dues to both organizations with the payment of yearly dues.
- Receiving the quarterly newsletter from TBBA
- Discounts on all conventions which provide extremely valuable education and networking opportunities.
- TBBA sells gift certificates to the public which can only be used at participating TBBA properties.
- Can join TBBA Innkeepers Facebook private group
- Property specific posts on TBBA Facebook and Instagram
- Ability to share specials and promotions on TBBA Facebook page
Most important is the camaraderie and networking our members enjoy with their peers and colleagues. The friendships and personal resources you can develop s a member will be invaluable to your success as and Innkeeping professional in Texas Click Here for a Professional Member Application
Professional Membership Standards
Texas Bed and Breakfast Association (hereinafter TBBA) is known for its premier properties and exacting standards of hospitality. A premier property is one that assures the highest levels of service, accommodation and comfort. Premier properties incorporate uniqueness, quality and professionalism.
- The property must have architectural integrity inside and outside in keeping with the property’s aesthetic setting. Aesthetics include décor, setting, ambiance, furnishings, and service
- The décor must be compatible with the architecture and furnishings demonstrating an exacting standard of excellence.
- If you own, operate, and/or advertise more than one property in Texas, all guest rooms will be subject to inspection for membership approval. In this context “operate” and “advertise” are intended to mean to do so in a way that gives the prospective guest the impression that the room or property is approved by TBBA.
Click Here for a complete copy of the Professional Member Standards Click Here for a complete TBBA Quality Assurance Standards Checklist Click Here for the complete TBBA Quality Assurance Standards. Become a Member